Friday, October 08, 2004

This Weather!

Damn, I wish I was young again.

Out here in no-man's land (eastern South Dakota), the weather is simply perfect for October. Not a cloud in the sky, the tempurature is hovering near 70 degrees, my God!

This is perfect football weather. And of course, it being Friday today, all of the high schools are playing their games tonight, so they should have some fun and not worry whether or not it is going to be cold out.

I remember back at Mike's house when we'd play our 3-on-3 games in his backyard. The weather would be nice in the late afternoon, just when school got out, then when the sun started to set ... it would cool off pretty quickly. We'd pile on our sweatshirts and hooded zip-up jackets, don a stockin' hat and some gloves and go at 'er again. I just wish I was back in shape again...

I love Fall. Some peoeple hate it, "ooh, it's getting cold!" C'mon! I hate Summer. Summer sucks in Minnesota and South Dakota ... it gets too hot, too humid, and you're never comfortable. Fall ... gimme that season every day of the year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home