Thursday, October 07, 2004

Some Thoughts

I'll type a little bit here before I have to go to a meeting at 10:00 a.m., so here goes.

I'm REALLY, REALLY getting sick of all these political ads on the radio, tv, and the newspapers. Yesterday in the Mad-Town papar, Daschle and Thune both took up 1 full page of ads, basically bashing each other on stupid topics, like gay marriage and taxes. I also love the radio ad (by A Lot of People Supporting Tom Daschle), where it has some guy talking about oil vs. ethanol, where it was all Daschle by putting up 10 ethanol plants in South Dakota. Plus, this guy says that Thune is a follower, not a leader and he cannot get things through. Here's my gripe: NO SHIT. Thune has been out of the House of Representatives for over 4 years! How can he get things done?!

On a brighter side, let me holler up the Twins. Damn, even though they lost Game 2 in extra innings, they are playing the Yankees like they are their bitches. I'm really impressed by the Twins' defense, which basically won the game for them in Game 1. Now, they're going to play in the Metrodome on Friday and Saturday, so hopefully they can finish them off there. BTW, I did order my 10-pack of the 2004 Homer Hankies off the Star Tribune web site. I should have them all now -- '87, '91, '02, '03, and now '04.

Should I grow a beard? Fall is here -- and though the weather is still really nice (although it's overcast today), but deer hunting season is around the corner and I usually sport of sort of facial hair that'll make me look rugged. My only concern is that how are the rest of the College of Education faculty here at college will think of it. We're supposed to look 'professional,' but as long as the facial hair looks nice, I'm going for it. I've got a pretty good crop of stubble going now.

My meeting here at 10:00 is with the Director of Field Services at the College of Education. She'll just go over a few things with me -- like my program evaluation, my letter of introduction, my application -- just to make sure I'm good to go to student teach next semester. I'm confident -- that's no problem there -- but I'm just really looking forward to moving on and finally getting out of the college. But those student loans, ouch.

My health right now is not the best -- I'm fighting a sore throat. I've been sucking on some Halls for the past couple of days, but what a pain in the ass. Sure, they make my throat feel better for like 5 minutes, then it aches again. Of course, there's that reflex that YOU HAVE to swallow just to make sure it doesn't hurt anymore.

Well, that's just a few things ... I'll be back at 11:00. I still have to find another article to analyze for my English/SEED 450 class, then type that sucker up tonight after work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home