Monday, November 29, 2004

And So It Begins...

It seems like I am walking into the depths of Mordor, with a heavy burden chained around my neck. In other words, December is approaching with the news of more and more work to be done to be assured of good grades for the Fall semester.

December and May are always the deadliest months of a typical college students' year. With the last few weeks left on the semester calendar, the evil professors love to pile on the last minute work like I love to call, "Stupid Work."

"Stupid Work" is when professors run out of time to present certain material, but then they realize: shit, I'm out of time -- so they cram their own assignments and push them on to us. Thus, it's stupid and ultimately stressful.

That is the case in my poor situation in the dark reaches of Mad-Town, as I am constantly pummelled by assignment after assignment.

Do I ask for pity? No. It's my own damn fault! But this happens to everybody, and sooner or later, it seems like I want to cower away in some lonely bar downtown, content with drinking ales and lagers with my comrades.

It'll get better. At least I hope so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home