Monday, November 01, 2004

Fantasy Football -- Opponent "Lays Down"

A fairly easy week for "Nine Years," as my opponent apparently did not make any changes to his team from the week before. He was stuck with 4 players on bye weeks -- I went on and took the easy win. I am now sitting at 5-3.

Total Points for Week 8:

Me: 140.62
Him: 86.10

I had big games from Michael Vick (finally!), who threw 2 touchdown passes and ran for over 100 yards. Big day from New England Patriots wide receiver David Givens, who scored twice in the loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers. Also, my individual defensive player Rodney Harrison of the Patriots had a big day, recording 10 tackles with 8 assists.

Bad day from Mewelde Moore, who fumbled a backwards pass from Daunte Culpepper early in their game against the New York Giants. He saw limited action after that, paving the way for a Michael Bennett touchdown later in the game. I also started Randy Moss -- got burned -- he didn't catch a ball in the first half and didn't even dress for the second half.

Next week for Week 9, Vick and the Falcons are having a bye week. Since I got rid of Kyle Boller, I'm on the prowl for a replacement. I'll probably drop Moore or Moe Williams (Ontarrio Smith should get the starting nod for the Vikings in Week 9) and pick up whoever is available. Maybe Craig Krentzel of the Chicago Bears, but I'm not sure.

Update on this later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home