Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Fantasy Football -- An Epiphany

When I was at work last night, my brain was racked with the thoughts of trying to re-gain Ontarrio Smith when he returns to the NFL for Week 9. Then lightening struck.

Through many sources, I've been reading that Smith will return to be the starter for the team, sharing carries along with Mewelde Moore and leaving 3rd down and short-yardage situations to Moe Williams. As far as Michael Bennett goes -- a small factor. In my opinion, he'll follow the same fate as other Vikings great, Robert Smith.

I was looking over my roster, thinking who I should drop. My first choice was Ashley Lelie. He has been slow at first, with most of the receptions going to Rod Smith -- but then I noticed HIM.

Kyle Boller.

I haven't played him all year after I drafted him late during our Draft Day. Good thing -- because he sucks BIG TIME. Michael Vick and Tom Brady have been carrying me all season long. The only reason why Boller was still on my roster is that Atlanta faces a bye week in Week 9, so Boller would pick up the slack. Final thought: forget it.

Boller was dropped, Smith was picked up. When Week 9 rolls around, I'll probably have somebody to drop, then pick up a less-talented quarterback to pick up a few points.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home