Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Good Ol' Bone

Lil' Troy is pretty observant when it comes to my past stories on my old web site and how I incorporate his name into the little things (like Tecmo Super Bowl records).

One such instance was my NHL kick in video games. NHL 2K2 was popular on the old Sega Dreamcast and I formed a team. Troy, or should I say "Turkish" ("it's not a free shop, now is it? Now, fuck off!" -- Doug the Head), remembered the old 2K2 page. It's a helluva page -- visually appealing. I often surprise myself!

Now, nothing really became of it. Although I had all of the time in the world, it was a painstaking process to record everything and import it to the site. It was just a dream of being a sports journalist (which has now carried over to my NASCAR Dynasty Manager).

But that was not the end of my NHL run with video games! The next installment was EA Sports' NHL 2003 for the Nintendo GameCube. I again incorporated friends and myself into the game, then let the computer "sign" the players from free agency into the game. John (Nee-Nee) was particularily proud of this, signing with the Vancouver Canucks. I recorded all of the stats and they can be seen here. I even included awards -- but that season was pretty unfair, due to that I had control over myself and the Detroit Red Wings, with who I set records that are unreachable by realistic standards.

With no hockey this year, no NHL 2005 for me on the PS2. I'll have to get everybody into the mix again with another sports game -- see how they play out -- but I'm going to have to decided which game that will be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home