Monday, November 01, 2004

The Weekend

Good Lord, I gotta stop getting drunk.

I finally pulled myself away from playing GTA: San Andreas and drove into Mad-Town for karaoke night at The Cock. To start off, the DJ sucked, but we made the most of it.

I had some old friends down there, like Chris and his newly-wed wife Jeanine were downtown, along with Holly who went to school here a couple of years ago and is now teaching out somewhere in West River. From then on, I started to drink beer.

After a while, another buddy of mine, Tate, came in and said that we gotta start singing. He was already plowed, so I caved and decided to hit it up. Our regular song, "Man of Constant Sorrow" by the Soggy Bottom Boys ("O Brother, Where Art Thou?") was NOT in the song list, so I chose to sing a little "Turn the Page" by Bob Segar. RIPPED IT UP.

A sang a few more songs after that, like another Segar tune "Old Time Rock 'n' Roll" and Doby Gray's "Drift Away," songs that I had never sang before. I did the best I could, considering I was feeling a little woozy.

Katie got a little ill as the night went on, so we left early. I've got lots of pictures from that night and I should get them developed today.

Sunday -- felt fine. I got ready for the race in Atlanta and the Vikings game -- don't start. The Vikings were a big waste of time to watch. For crying out loud, everybody on offense sucked ass. Remember, it was the Giants game last year that started the downward spiral for the Vikes -- hopefully it won't happen this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home