Friday, December 10, 2004

Earnhardt Week on ESPN

In preparation of the newest ESPN movie "3: The Dale Earnhardt Story", ESPN2 and ESPN Classic is showing old races of Earnhardt's incredible wins -- especially in the IROC series with last lap passes at Daytona and Talladega. Just simply unbelievable!

Last night, I was watching the IROC races and it kind of hit me hard when during the Victory Lane celebrations, Dale Earnhardt Jr. would go over and give his dad a hug. Damn, that tugged at my heart a little. Everybody knows that Earnhardt lost his life on the last lap of the 2001 Daytona 500, and with myself being a hard-core NASCAR fan for the last couple of years, I've just been used to seeing Dale Jr. by himself after winning races.

Just watching Sr. and Jr. hug and stuff, you can't help but get a little emotional because that will never happen again. Even Katie commented on it that it was sure sad to watch.

Dale Jr. has become one hell of a race car driver. Although he isn't my favorite, but his old man is probably the best ever NASCAR driver in history (76 wins, 7 championships).

It's just sad to know that he just isn't here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home