Thursday, December 09, 2004

My Own "Chase"

Fantasy football has really picked up of late. With the Vikings demise of losing to the Bears last Sunday, my interest has fallen quite a bit. Sure, the Vikings still do have a shot in the weak NFC -- but losing to the Bears?!

Anyway, my "Chase." This almost compares to the Chase for the Nextel Cup. Out of the 12 teams in our league, only the Top 4 make the playoffs. Three of those spots have already been clinched, so it's down to 4 teams (who all sit at a 7-6 record) to fill that fourth and final spot.

But of course, with my luck, I'm sitting in 7th place. I'm outside looking in. But I'm hopeful, as I still have a great shot to get in. Here's what the situation looks like:

4. F*** Ricky 2006.18 points
5. Ole_Master40 1845.74 points
6. Super Bowl Champs 1827.50 points
7. Nine Years 1807.18 points

Obviously, F*** Ricky is sitting in the drivers seat with his points lead. But, he's playing the 3rd ranked team. A loss would most certainly put him out of contention. If he wins, he'll most likely be in.

In an interesting match-up, Ole_Master40 and Super Bowl Champs are squaring off this Sunday. The loser will not make the playoffs, the winner will have the shot.

In my situation as Nine Years, I'm playing the 10th ranked team. Against me, though, it that I had lost to him in Week 3. I've got a much stronger team now than before, so hopefully I can have a huge points gain.

So, for me to make the playoffs:
  • I need F*** Ricky to lose.
  • There will be a winner in the Ole_Master40 and Super Bowl Champs game. BUT -- in my game vs. 49ers Still Suck, I need the win and the points to make up the difference and more so I can surpass the point total between either Ole_Master40 and Super Bowl Champs.

Stressful stuff!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home