Friday, December 10, 2004

Fired Up The Ol' NASCAR

With GTA: San Andreas pretty much complete and done with, I've returned to my old collection of PS2 games. After being discouraged of losing my NASCAR 2005 file due to "corruption", I started up another dynasty.

This time, I set the difficulty level at its highest, which did present its challenges. At first, driving in the Featherlite Modified Series, I struggled -- although I pulled off a few wins. Later on in that First Season, I was hired to drive a Craftsman Truck, which really didn't go so well.

My Second Season was a season of dominance in the Featherlite Modified Series, as I won 10 races and 15 poles, winning the championship by 188 points. My Truck did somewhat better, winning only one race at Darlington. I was offered a Busch Series ride but declined each time.

My Third Season -- the season which I'm currently in -- is the most busiest so far. I did sign contracts in the Modified, Truck, and Busch Series, although I'm mainly focusing on the Truck Series. I'll race Modifieds when I have to, especially when they're offering me lots of money to race and a pretty big percentage when I win. In the Busch Series, I only race in races in which I think I have a pretty good shot to win. I got lucky at Darlington, when I held off a hard-charging Kevin Harvick for my first-ever Busch Series win. Darlington and I -- hand-in-hand.

The Truck Series is my main focus this season. After 4 races, I have no wins -- but 4 Top 5's which currently gives me the points lead at 22 over the second place runner. As long as I stay consistent and lead laps, I should be fine!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home