Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Dune-Buggy

I was going to touch up on this a few weeks ago during our first ice storm, but now I'm going to comment on it.

This is a question of mine that I have wondered for years during my time spent in South Dakota. I used to give my S.D. buddies a hard time about this.

Does South Dakota have a contract with Hawaii, California, or Florida for sand to be dumped all over the highways? I just have to throw it into 4-wheel drive just to get through the sand!

And of course, ol' John (Nee-Nee) says that we must have some salt mines in Minnesota ("oooh! nee-nee!" [hand motions]) because that's what Minnesota uses on their highways.

It comes, and it goes -- the battle between South Dakota and Minnesota.

1 Comments:

At 3:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tony in Dells we have a big quarry for all your roads in minnesota. We can make your state roads into a big sand box just like sd.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home