Friday, January 21, 2005

Physical Exam -- So Far, So Good

I went in this morning for my physical for student teaching. Everything looks good in-and-out!

I also got poked by a needle for my TB test. I'm going to have to go back in early Monday morning to find out if I have TB or not -- yeah, like I probably would be sick and dying already.

I had a pretty hot doctor. She poked and proded and I said, "Yeah, I like that. Feels good, no pain!"

Since I didn't have health insurance, she helped me dodge the costs of paying for the exam out of my pocket. Since I had an old sports injury (dislocated shoulder from playing softball years ago in Hanley Falls), she had the excuse of saying that she checked it out and looked it over, thus the college pays for it. Sweet!

As for the shoulder, I've tore something up in my left shoulder from when it happened. I never did get it checked out afterwards, something that I do regret. The shoulder is pretty stable, but it may get worse over time and that'll probably have to require surgery.

Overall, I satisfied with my overall condition. Although I think I'm a little overweight (which isn't so hard to lose before the wedding!). I'm standing at 5'6" and weigh 170 lbs. According to the BMI chart, I'm overweight. I should be at around 155 to 160 lbs. I could get there, but it's going to take some work. The doctor said that I have a lot of muscle mass and that contributes to the weight more than fat does, so if I get my body fat percentage down a bit, I should be fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home