Friday, January 21, 2005

Upcoming Weekend for Tony

It should be a fun and exciting one, as Katie and I are heading to Mitchell to watch lots of the boy's basketball.

The big game is between Class 'A' state-ranked #1 Clark vs. Class 'A' state-ranked #2 Chester. Katie's two younger brothers both play for the Chester Flyers.

I'll be there with my Sony Cyber-shot, taking pictures left and right. Then, when I start student teaching in Chester starting February 1st, I'll wow the kids with my photographic abilities.

High school basketball always takes me back to the days when I was in high school. Although I didn't play basketball -- it was myself, Sean, Robb, and a handful of ladies occupying the first couple of rows next the floor to rip it up and heckle our own head coach.

I have attended a few Chester games this year and the atmosphere really brought me back into it. Chester is the defending Class 'A' champions. Chester lost a heartbreaker to Lennox last Monday night, coming back from 10-point deficit with 4 minutes remaining the in game to tie it up for overtime, but losing 70-69. It snapped their 17-game win streak, but a loss does them good. It'll bring them back to earth a little bit and it will only toughen them up. That was apparent when Chester came back on Tuesday night to drop Parkston.

But this Saturday, it'll be a good one. Clark has had played better teams, but Chester will be up to the challenge.

1 Comments:

At 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey if you want to meet up or stop by the place while you're in Mike Miller Land let me know. You can give me a call or an email at buehnert@(removeThisStuffFirst)mit.midco.net

Turkish

 

Post a Comment

<< Home