Friday, February 25, 2005

Driving

I have found some solace in my PS2 once again, playing NASCAR 2005: Chase for the Cup. I've also recently picked up the PC version of NASCAR SimRacing. Now, the PS2 has just released Gran Turismo 4 -- damn, I'm in racing heaven. All I've gots to do is plug in my wheel (through the USB port) and go to town. That's basically the only thing that I like to do now. Race. Finishing 1st.

Ha ... this morning while I was driving to Chester, I passed a Hi-Po on the county road. I was probably doing 75-80 mph. The Hi-Po didn't even flinch -- he kept right on going. My heartbeat soared, then attempted to settle down after the rush of adrenaline ran through my body.

So, being the smart-ass that I am, I pull into Chester's parking lot. There are no lines to indicate where a vehicle should be parked, so lately I would park crooked (on purpose) just to be stupid. This has gotten a lot of attention from the freshman class, who think I'm the best thing since sliced bread.

Today, I parked WAY over on the edge of the parking lot by a row of trees. The freshmen thought they were pretty funny -- they basically parked their cars around mine to block me in. Ha.

As for tonight, I'm heading to Salem to watch some basketball. I took tonight off work just in case if I had heard anything regarding Jason's funeral. Josh finally left a message last night saying that it'll take a week for the body to make it back to Minnesota. Surprising, to say the least.

I might head to Minnesota some time next week with Josh to visit Jason's family and Teresa. Things will be calmed down by then and will not be quite as hectic, which will make for a some-what better atmosphere to be a little more comfortable.

My grief is waning, but the void is still there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home