Thursday, February 24, 2005

Did Not Need This

As I was leaving Chester yesterday afternoon from school, I pulled onto the four-lane on Hwy. 34 and I was greeted my Old Man Winter. It just all of a sudden started snowing big ol' fat flakes.

After I got done with work, the snow was everywhere. I bet in Mad-Town, we probably got 2 to 3 inches of the stuff. It wasn't nothing light and fluffy, it was the heavy wet stuff that I hate. With temps in the high 20's, it was a tough drive (even with 4-wheel), because the thick snow was pulling my truck every which-way.

This morning, the snow must have melted just ever-so slightly, then froze. The highways were covered with a thin layer of ice. I even got up early to attend to the FFA pancake breakfast, but since everybody was driving so slow, I didn't get to Chester quick enough to eat. The usual 25-minute drive ended up being a 45-minute haul.

I don't know if it's the weather, or the whole losing Jason thing, but I'm just out of it today. Even my cooperating teacher said that he wasn't in the mood of being here. I'm actually sore today for some reason -- my knees are creaky and my back is sore. I slept all right last night. I guess all I can think of is that I'm getting old.

I still haven't heard any funeral details yet regarding Jason. I left Josh a message yesterday to give me a call. I'm hoping that it's this weekend -- I don't why it wouldn't -- with everybody's busy schedules. It sounds a little selfish on my part, like Jason's funeral should fit around my schedule. It's not like that. I just wish that I wasn't so busy, otherwise I would've headed back to Minnesota to visit and console Teresa.

I even had second thoughts on attending the funeral. So far in my lifetime, I've attended more funerals that relate to persons dying in accidents at a young age rather than having relatives dying of natural causes. Every funeral is tough to deal with, especially those that involve your friends that have been taken away at an early age. I'm not sure if that's normal to any other person -- but I feel that it's starting to take a toll. It's emotionally draining and everytime I hear of somebody close to my dying, it takes longer to recover from the shock.

I consider myself an emotionally healthy person. Nobody is to blame for an early death. I know when to move on and let things go. I'll be right as rain by next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home