Friday, April 01, 2005

Bob Casey

This guy was a stud ... the huge booming voice that carried over the huge loudspeakers and echoed throughout the Metrodome.

He passed away last Sunday and they buried him on Wednesday.

This is the only voice the Twins had ever heard, ever since the Twins home-opener back in 1961 at the old Met. Obviously, he's the only guy I've ever heard when I attended many, many ball games at the Metrodome.

I'll never forget his "Kirbyyyyyyyyyyyyy Puckett!" or his "NOOOOOOOOOO smoking in the Metrodome!" It's just sad to see a legend pass away.

And there's also jealousy in my heart, because a few years back when Robb was playing softball at the Dome, Mike had the opportunity to call out the batter's names when they stepped to the plate ... just like ol' Casey did. I still haven't seen that tape!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home