Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Spoiled

April 2 was a big -- a huge day -- for me. It was the release of anything related to "Star Wars -- Episode III: The Return of the Sith."

I was in Sioux Falls that day with Katie to celebrate our third anniversary of dating. I immediately ran to the Toys section and basically drooled all over the new action figures. At $6 a figure, I should've bought up the store. But I'm poor right now, so I held off.

Until I got to Barnes & Noble.

Episode III literature was everywhere and I couldn't pass it up. I picked up the new Episode III Visual Dictionary, Cross-Sections of Vehicles, the Making of Episode III, and the novelization of Episode III.

Up to this point, I knew nothing of what was going to "happen," so to speak, although we do know that Anakin will become Darth Vader. It's all the "in-between" stuff that we are confused about.

Well, I caved. I read through the books -- especially "The Making of Episode III" book. I know what happens to who, when it all goes down, etc. But while I was just sitting there looking through the book, I was swept up by the emotion of what actually happens during the movie. It looks like it's going to be the best -- and the darkest -- Star Wars movie yet.

Damn, I just cannot wait to see it in theaters. Hopefully this Star Wars will be the one that fans will give its praise to and not the crap that Episodes I and II took when they were released.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home