Friday, April 08, 2005

Whoa, Memories of Prom

Chester's big Prom night is tomorrow night, so all the juniors have locked themselves in the gym to decorate. What I get a kick out of is that they think that they are going to get it done in one day, plus they all expect to be out of the gym at 3:30 p.m.

Think again, young ones.

Back when I was in high school, I thought it took about a week to decorate our entire gym. All of the junior boys here are complaining that they do not want to do a whole lot -- because the junior girls have already taken over the whole designing process. Go figure.

I didn't mind, along with others like Mike, Robb, or Sean -- to get ready for the Prom. One thing that motivated us was the hot ladies telling us what to do. As Steph would always tell us: "Hey, boys, hold the ladder while I hang something up," and she'd crawl up the ladder while us guys would be: "Ga, ga, ga, ga!" She would be wearing SHORT shorts, by the way.

High school hormones. A wonderful thing.

Now I see a lot of that in the Chester junior class -- boys showing off to the girls, while the girls in turn would boss them around to try to get some of the "heavy" lifting done. Then, I realized that I was getting old when some of them started asking for my advice (about how things should look). It wasn't my place to tell them my opinion; I just gathered a discussion about certain things and I ended up being the mediator.

My two hours in the gym this morning was enough for me. It's their turn to make some memories of their high school years, and I've got plenty of my own memories of Prom to last me until I'm dead. I guess I cannot wait until I'm dead because my senior Prom -- whoofta. Crash and Burn!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home