Wednesday, May 04, 2005

The Land of Suck, Part V

Well, The Land of Suck finally figured it out.

After numerous walk-outs, The LoS has decided to ditch the 12-hour days and went back to a normal 3-shift 8-hour days. Imagine 12-hour days in a 135 degree warehouse?

Funny story: a fellow employee that I've known ever since I started to work there got fired on Monday. I'll admit, she was a great asset and knew her stuff, but she came to work BOMBED OFF HER ROCKER. I wasn't there to see it, but I guess she was pretty obvious that she was stumbling around, reeking of amaretto.

She tried to come back to work yesterday, but she got the company boot real quick.

This week is the last week for me to work part-time, as college is finally wrapping up another semester. With graduation for me, I'll be on the look-out for other job openings while I work full-time starting next Monday. It's fine with me, since I'll finally be making a 40-hour paycheck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home