Thursday, April 14, 2005

Well...?

I had the interview this morning.

Well, what can I say? Only God knows (and the two interviewers, of course) know how I did.

It was difficult for me to sit there and look at two blank faces. I know that interviewers, like my own father, have to sit emotionless. For me, that's pretty hard to do. I play off other's emotion and expressions for me to be comfortable.

They asked straight-forward questions, like what are my strengths, what are my weaknesses, what is my educational background, etc. They tried to stump me on a few questions, like "how flexible are you in the classroom," and "would you like to try new things in the classroom..." Well, yes! Obviously, I am flexible in dealing with students and assignments and working with other teachers and I'm always up for new things in the classroom. It was pretty hard to elaborate on that.

But hopefully they got my own emotion over the fact that I love what I'm doing and I like working with my students. It's just something that I am passionate about. I was nervous -- like who wouldn't be -- but I did my best. I'm expecting a call on Monday whether or not I got the position.

Pressure!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home