Thursday, July 14, 2005

Toured The Town

Katie drove back to Minnesota a few days ago to look for houses to rent for our up-and-coming careers. Unfortunately, there aren't a lot of houses for rent right now -- like two -- but we found the perfect one.

How is it perfect? It's got central air!

Katie was so taken by the place that she dragged me along with her back to Minnesota yesterday to check out the two rentals, which happened to be own by the same person. We filled out an application, dropped a partial security deposit, and all is well.

We're expecting a phone call later today to confirm the deal.

What really sucks is that I'm going to have to pay rent for two places at once. We've decided to put in our 30-days notice on the 1st of August, at which rent is due here. At the same time, the rest of the security deposit and rent is due in Minnesota. On top of that, I'm probably going to have to put down other deposits on utilities for the town.

It's going to be a rough couple of months, since I've already put in my last day of work (August 12) and I won't be getting paid from my teaching job until the 20th of October.

Is the Bank of Mom and Dad open?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home