Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Fantasy Football, Week 2 -- Fiasco!

It was a terrible weekend for me as far as Fantasy Football went for Week 2.

As I've stated before, I'm depending on Daunte Culpepper to be my mainstay points-go-getter for this season. After two terrible performances that includes 8 interceptions, do I stick with him?

As far as I'm concerned, I'm giving him another chance. Culpepper knows he's messin' up (and it's not because of Moss' absence), so I'm sure he and other members of the Vikings are really going to step it up in Week 3 as they host the New Orleans Saints.

In the Minnesota league -- I was pitted against Sean. From Day One after Week 1 ended, Sean started to play his "games", putting in a lot of his back-ups just so he would think that I would win. Plus, other owners in the league can vote on who's-going-to-beat-who, so I had an early advantage, making Sean the underdog. Trash talk insued, including Sean proposing to me again with unbelievable trade opportunities.

Nobody on my team had a solid game in them. We all know about Culpepper -- but even my wide receivers, like Marvin Harrison and Brandon Stokley -- who would have known that Peyton Manning would have one of the worse starts in his career THAT week?! My other quarterback, Byron Leftwich, also did not have a solid game (he actually had less points than Culpepper). In the end, I fell to 0-2, losing to Sean 136 to 90.

After that, I didn't really make any drastic changes. I just made some roster moves, like benching Leftwich for Ben Roethlisberger, who's been solid through two weeks. I'm putting back in Mushin Muhammad -- who really made me look bad in Week 2 from benching him -- and picked up Miami's D since Washington is having a bye week. I'm up against Sean's brother Troy this week, who currently sits at a 1-1 record.

Players that I have to worry about? He's got Tom Brady and Donovan McNabb at his QB spots -- what more can I say? It'll come down to the Monday night game, that's for sure.

In the South Dakota league, things looked good for me until the Monday night game. My opponent had Aaron Brooks and Joe Horn, both of the Saints. I ended up losing 114 to 87. What really screwed me over is that J.J. Arrington didn't even start (which I didn't even know about), so I got the big 0 points from him. Again, just like in the Minnesota league, I started players who thought who could step up, but they ended up poorly and the benched players ended up getting more points.

This time, I made huge roster changes. I dropped some poor players, like Arrington and Brandon Lloyd and picked up some better, mediore players, like Terry Glenn and T.J. Duckett.

For Week 3, I'm up against a pretty good opponent who managed to put up 186 points in Week 2. He's currently 2-0, but hopefully I can drop him to 2-1.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home