Friday, December 02, 2005

Nice and Easy...

Things went smooth last night ... reffin' a boys basketball game, that is.

Another teacher (who also thinks that basketball really isn't his strong suit) and myself made sure that a bunch of 7th graders didn't get too carried away on the hardwood. We didn't call too much, just an occasional travelling call and maybe a hack or two, but other than that -- I got back into my basketball groove.

It's almost funny how things come back to me, like my own personal knowledge of basketball. I personally didn't play in high school, but I had a few friends that excelled at the sport. I remember back to the days in which Sean, Robb, myself, and a boat-load of others would pimp out the front row on the opposite side of the gym and "give it our all" for the boys. The constant trash talkin' was the highlight -- not only to the other team and the refs, but to our own head coach as well!

And who can forget The Owl Garden ...

I guess the fear that I have now is that I have to ref a few 9th grade b-ball games. A little faster-paced game -- but I'd better be on top of it. I'm going to have to do a little more research on the game...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home