Thursday, February 16, 2006

The Only Thing I Want To Do

February. What a dreary month.

Stupid weather -- they're already telling us we're going to get hit up with a negative-20 degree wind chill tomorrow.

I want summer. I want softball. I want the bean-bag game and I want beer.

I want to make the 65-mile drive back to Centennial Park. I want to sit along the right-field base line, under the shade of the trees and kick back in our fold-out chairs.

I want to take the walk to the pine trees to take a piss.

I want to see little Zach and Seth fight it out while we laugh about it.

I want to hear the banter: "Hey, you need another one?"

I want to hear the rest of us complain that we're too old and sore to be playing this game.

I want to hear that we're too drunk to play the next game.

I want to sit down, relax, and take the spikes off.

I want to crash at my parent's house if I'm too tired to take the 65-mile trip back home.

I want summer. I want softball. I want the bean-bag game and I want beer.

Ahhh....

1 Comments:

At 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kind of like field of dreams type of atmosphere in Minneosta. Better put Ken Burns baseball tapes in the old vcr or dvd.

nacho

 

Post a Comment

<< Home