Monday, February 13, 2006

A Possible Resurrection?

Looking at my extensive collection of DVD's, I noticed on the on the top of my shelves was a few misplaced GameCube games. One of them is the old EA Sports classic, NHL 2003.

In the gaming world, hockey is highly regarded, especially when it comes to created players -- an homage to the ex-roommates from South Dakota.

I played one full season of NHL 2003, with my created character playing for the Detroit Red Wings. I ended up winning it all, scoring in games left and right -- with the ultimate showdown between the Red Wings and the Philadelphia Flyers, with my old roommate Josh as goalie, plus the monster and old college buddy Ben playing a defensiveman.

Check out the old stats page here.

Now I'm thinking: what would happen to our created players if I had no control over my own created character, where we were created equal?

I could fire up the old GameCube and see, but I just might take it one step further with NHL 2004 on the PS2 and see what happens. Be prepared for this, we may have some virtual rivalies going down!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home