Thursday, April 27, 2006

Hold On...

I've got several drafts ready to be posted, but I'm not really sure how to finish them all up. Sure, my life is fairly simple, but there the days where I can write like a mo-fo and others where I cannot even finish a complete sentence.

Who knows if I'll ever get to them, but here's a summary about what's been going down in TonyTimes...
  • 7th Grade Baseball: We lost our first game 3 to 2. Heartbreaking, especially losing in the last inning. But, the next Monday, we swept our conference rivals in the rain and sleet 6 to 4 and 11 to 10 -- the last game in which we came back 3 runs down in the last inning. Very satisfactory!
  • NASCAR: Newman simply isn't having the dream season that I thought he would, especially from a strong start at Daytona. With a crash at Phoenix (none of his making), he currently sits 22nd in points. Ouch.
  • Sim500.com: The #66 Sony Vaio Dodge Charger took 2nd at Darlington. I started in the back and avoided the large wrecks. Now, with tutelage from other more experienced drivers in the Nocturnal Adrenaline league, I'm learning the art of tire management. Plus, I have finally turned off stability and traction controls, which I think increased the wear on my tires. Tonight, it's night action at Lowe's Motor Speedway -- in which I'm running the #66 Best Buy Dodge.
  • Speaking of Dodge: Katie's Dodge Intrepid took a crap. The engine blew and the estimated cost is around $5000 - $6000. Yep, we're all very happy.
  • I Wanna Be A Baller... : A suprising phone call in the middle of the night brought back healthy memories of a certain song -- with the lyrics slightly tampered with.
  • Authors: Mike and I are at it again, in which he submitted a rough draft of his story, and in return, I gave him a rough draft of my own. Literary geniuses, if you ask me.
  • Movies: A high recommendation -- Crash. Mike suggested it to me a while ago and I finally picked it up. I felt so strongly for it that I'm showing it to one of my classes at school. No wonder it won the Best Picture Oscar.

That's just a sample of what has been going down.

1 Comments:

At 12:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm I wonder if I had anything to do with the phone call at all? :) I know I was up late with Rand and Jewett last weekend, but I don't remember anything about that though. Of course I had a lot of fun that night and killed a few brain cells here or there :)

Turkish

 

Post a Comment

<< Home