Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Twenty-Eight

About bloody time!

I just cannot begin to describe how tired and just simply worn out I am. As you can probably tell, I'm anxious for the school year to be over and done with.

With the baseball season over for the year (more on this later), hopefully I can get some energy back to devote to other things, besides the stressful school year.
  • Baseball: We finished yesterday, splitting the series with a conference rival. We were supposed to have some more games today, but they were cancelled due to other school-related activities that our athletic director failed to notice. Our final record: 10-5 -- something to be proud of after a disastrous football season in the fall.
  • Racing: Boy, has this been eventful. I continue to race in the Nocturnal Adrealine Cup Series, with races most recently at Daytona and Chicagoland. Daytona wasn't so bad, although I did get up in a early-race crash that wasn't of my making (a car came back across the track after slamming the wall and clipped me) and Chicagoland was a disaster -- I got disconnected early on and I figured not to return. I also decided my hand at Truck racing, running the #4 Dodge, in a league called Midnight Thunder. Let me tell you this -- what a blast. I had a great run going at a fantasy track called Zen Joltis (5.5 mile quad-oval), running at speeds at nearly 200 mph. About a quarter of a way through the race, I pulled a bonehead move. I had leading the outside line of cars, sitting in 2nd-3rd place when I decided to move down to the inside line. I thought I was clear of cars, but I hit another guy and shot up the track, slamming the wall with such force that my truck literally barrel-rolled along the fence and cleared the cars overhead behind me. I'll have to get some screenshots of that.
  • School: Like I said before, I'm tired. Seniors needed their grades in yesterday afternoon, so it was a mad-struggle for them to get in late assignments. I even had a few underclassmen "whine" about some of their project grades in my Web Design class, which didn't make me all too happy. I will not go into more of that!
  • B-Day: I also turned 28 yesterday. It's funny -- some students think I'm like 23, others think I'm 35. But in the end, students only want one thing when it comes to a birthday: candy. And I didn't even have any!
  • New Car: Kate got a new car yesterday after the Intrepid took a dump. We picked something cheap -- a '99 Chevy Cavalier. Just a little white girly car.

Other than that, I'm going to have to get more in-depth in other issues later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home