Wednesday, August 23, 2006

The "Big Fair"

It was quite the "spur of the moment" kind of a deal.

After making my way back to P-Town on Monday, I was interupted by an early phone call on Tuesday morning regarding that my new pair of glasses were in. It was sooner than I had expected, but it was welcome news, considering that I haven't gotten my eyes checked in 6 years and that I had desperately needed a new pair of glasses and new contacts.

The opportunity presented itself quickly, as I knew the "Big Fair" was going down in a small town near Back Home. I haven't attended the "Big Fair" in five years, so I figured -- what the hell.

On my way there, I stopped by Mike's place and he was all shot from the night before at the Beer Gardens. I proceeded on over and met up with the likes of Sean, his wife Tammy, and Mike's wife Lacey.

It was all about the Beer Gardens as soon as I got there. Sean bought the first round, I would buy the second. Tap beer usually does not agree with me, but since my beer tolerance is so friggin' high now (softball tournaments -- what do you expect?), it was going down pretty well.

After a while, it was all about denying Tammy on going on rides (namely the "Zipper") or giving high-fives to little kids on the "Sizzler" (a.k.a. "Scrambler) after I got feeling pretty well.

Tammy convinced Lacey to go on the "Zipper" with her (my God -- that thing was like 40 years old), so after they got strapped in, they were round and round, high up in the air. Right before the carnie was going to let them out, he spun them in their cage like 10-15 times and all you could hear was Lacey screaming. Apparently, during that whole thing, Lacey belted out: "I'm pregnant, you fuck-head!" She's not obviously pregnant, but damn, that was a funny story after that one.

Later on that night, I thought Lacey was going to throw down after a while. This guy comes up to her and starts talking about her stolen car (which was recovered the next day). This guy was friends with the guy who actually stole the car, so he was trying to convince Lacey to drop the charges. Here I am, listening to bits and pieces of the conversation, and I'm thinking, who the hell does this guy think he is?

This guy is spouting off about oh, it's going to cost $3000-$4000 against (my friend) and well, there's nothing wrong with the car, was there? and all this. And God Damn, wouldn't you know it, Lacey through it all, basically told the guy to fuck off.

Anytime you get something taken away from you or you lose, it's a rotten feeling. Especially in Mike and Lacey's case, it was a car! Lacey's purse was in there (with credit cards, Social Security, etc.) so they had the responsibility to take care of all that. That's just un-needed stress for the both of them. This dude deserved to be punished.

But then at one point, Lacey was getting pretty hot and she said "Get away from me!" and Sean and I perked up. The guy left without Lacey backing down, but man, she was looking to kick some ass.

Other than that -- it was a good time at The "Big Fair." Unfortunately, I couldn't make it today due to coach's meetings (hand out equipment for the middle schoolers tomorrow morning).

Right now, I'm tired as all hell -- went to bed late, got up TOO EARLY. And it's worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home