Monday, August 14, 2006

Football Fever

Whether it's high school, college, or the pros ... man, I'm starting to feel it.

You always know it's time to get ready because that's when NCAA Football 07 usually comes out, the Fantasy leagues are starting to get set up, and the high schools are handing out equipment for their two-week practice sessions prior to their first game.

But for tonight, the Vikings took the field against the Raiders. It's nothing too special -- it's only pre-season ball -- but it's nice to see the new faces playing for the purple and gold.

Although the fever is closing in, I usually don't watch too much of pre-season football. I shut the Vikes/Raiders game off mid-way through the 3rd quarter, but I can tell you this: I'm sure impressed by the Vikes 2nd-round draft pick, Tavaris Jackson. He threw the ball like a pro, with great poise in the pocket -- not to mention that the kid's got some wheels!

How 'bout those new Monday Night Football commentators? Yeesh... Tony Kornheiser? Can that man be any more cynical? Does he have to have an argument about everything? Stick with PTI, fella. Not that I care for Joe Theismann, but I'm ready to see a rumble in the booth between those two.

I can't wait to see the Wolverines take to the field ... plus on top of that, I start coaching my 8th graders next Monday. I'm writing up a new playbook (going away from the old one) and we're going to rip it up this year. I've got a bunch of over-grown kids on my team and I can't wait to take it to those punks from South Dakota this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home