Monday, August 07, 2006

Fantasy Football Gets Started

The first steps are off and rolling as Tony himself has joined two leagues for the Fantasy Football season. I thought my life was stressful enough, but it's only going to get worse as the draft approaches.

In the same fashion as last year, I will participate in a Minnesota league (featuring friends from the Home Town area) and a South Dakota league (featuring friends from college).

I am proud to say that I am the defending South Dakota league champion, hopefully a title I can defend again this year. But the drama was left to the Minnesota league, as I came back from a 0-6 start to make the playoffs. Mitch, the current Minnesota champion, is always proud to annouce who made him go far through the playoffs:

"STEVE SMITH!"

A great compliment I had received towards the end of the Minnesota league season was that I had written a few articles to heighten the atmosphere of the league as the season got down to the wire. I provided head-to-head match-ups with insight analysis. It was pretty cool. They'll see it back after the draft! For a sample from last season, click here.

But in interesting news, both of the leagues I were involved in has made a vise versa switch -- the Minnesota league, associated with Yahoo! Fantasy Sports last year, will make its debut with ESPN Fantasy Sports. The South Dakota league, just the other way around.

And obviously, more news on this as it comes in!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home