Monday, August 07, 2006

Deck Work

On Saturday, Schrupp gave me a pretty harsh guilt-trip regarding "not giving proper coverage over the construction of his new deck."

Immediately, I back-pedaled, stating that I had completely forgot since I was loaded with barley and hops while the construction was going on (hell, I even forgot my Stanley socket set there). I told him that I would give credit where credit is due.

Schrupp's response: "To hell with it! If you put something on your page about it, I'm going to write a nasty comment!" (check out the comments section in the next couple of days...)

But when I got there on that particular Saturday, the foundations were already laid. I immediately started to drink some beer (which Mike and Schrupp followed suit) and we got to work ... well, some of us. I just hauled some lumber and held some boards in places while all the wrenching and screwing was going on (hey!). Shane stopped over later and assisted Mike in "the-putting-in-screws-process" (there we go...). I just stood there and looked important ... and what was Schrupp doing?!

From all the beer, from the looks of it ... he wasn't taking too kindly to our work!

But after it was all said and done, the deck you see above is the finished result. It was hard, pain-staking labor, but it was for a good cause. Friends help friends, you see. If only Schrupp will let us drink beer on it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home