Wednesday, August 02, 2006

NCAA 07 Update


Ah ... the best game, ever.

I've already played the first season of my "Career Legend" mode and I'm already into 2 weeks of the second season, but man, there's a lot to cover.

Prior to the first season, I was this lowly prospect coming out of high school. Just a small, skinny kid. But boy, could I catch. Did I mention that I had wheels also?

After participating in several drills for the college scouts (running a 40-yard dash in 4.43 seconds), they only gave me a "68" for an overall rating. I didn't get to have the pick of colleges that I could have went to -- but instead settled for the home state of Minnesota, playing for the Golden Gophers.

My player didn't have to red-shirt, as ol' Glen Mason threw me in as the #2 wide receiver on the team. Not bad!

Highlights of the tremendous First Season:
  • The Gophs went from ranked 33rd in the nation to win it all, going 13-0, defeating the Sooners of Oklahoma 28-0 in the Bowl Championship Series National Championship Game in Tempe, Arizona.
  • With the exception of the first couple of weeks of the First Season, my player led the Heisman Trophy standings all the way to just after the conference championships. The award was literally snatched away from me from a junior who played for Georgia Tech. More on this later ... but it sure reminds me of two years ago with NCAA 05 when I dealt with a similar Heisman Conspiracy Situation...
  • Won the Big Ten Championship
  • Best Tight End Trophy was awarded to a Gopher
  • Best Head Coach awarded to the Gopher head coach
  • Best Offensive Lineman Trophy awarded to a Gopher (pretty much a given)
  • Rimington Trophy (best center in college football) awarded to a Gopher
  • Won the "Little Brown Jug" from Michigan
  • Won the "Paul Bunyan Axe" from Wisconsin
  • Won the "Governer's Victory Bell" from Penn State
  • Won the "Floyd of Rosedale" from Iowa

Statistical Highlights:

  • 97 receptions, 1830 yards (18.9 yards per) -- both school records in a season
  • 21 touchdowns -- school season record
  • 418 yards after the catch
  • Freshman All-American
  • 1st Team All-American
  • 1st Team All-Big Ten
  • Best Wide Receiver Trophy
  • 2.9 GPA!

But man -- I should have won the Heisman my freshman season. I clearly out-shone the other wide receiver from Georgia Tech, stats-wise. That's why they gave me the Best WR Trophy ... I guess the Heisman Trophy voters didn't know what the heck they were thinking.

But they're giving me credit for my sophomore year, giving me the top honors (so far -- look at picture on top) and I'm already backing it up after 2 games, scoring 6 touchdowns. I guess it's pretty easy when the game sets you up to play "cupcakes" the first four weeks of the season. Time of the pad the stats, my friend!

Obviously, more on the this later -- I have the time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home