Monday, August 28, 2006

NCAA 07 Update

The Minnesota Golden Gophers have successfully defended their National Championship.

My Second Season started out easy as I mopped up on some Division I-AA teams, but after I got into the Big Ten schedule, things actually took a turn for the worse, as my quarterback with throwing interceptions (it seemed like everything was tipped for a pick) and I simply had no running game whatsoever. There were a few victories in which I just eeked out wins, something that was pretty uncomfortable to deal with!

After convincing victories over Penn State and Ohio State, the Gophers basically sewn into the National Championship game against USC. Both teams were undefeated at 12-0 records -- and it showed how tough it was in the Championship game itself.

I fell behind early 10-0 but came back on a 100-yard interception return to put the Gophs on the board 10-7. For a while there, I couldn't figure out their passing attack, so I let up on blitzing so much and dropped back into a 4-3 Cover 3 defense which really held their offense.

At the half, it was 20-14, USC in the lead. But in the end, with a new-found stifling defense, Minnesota pulled through with a 28-20 victory.

As for the "created player," I again had an outstanding year with lots of hardware taking up the trophy case. Although I put up impressive numbers, it still won't be compared to the Nate Burleson-era at Nevada!

My wide receiver finished with 127 receptions, 2200+ receiving yards and 30 touchdown receptions. The hardware for my guy alone is as follows:
  • Heisman Trophy Winner (Top 3 finalists, including my player, were Gophers)
  • Maxwell Award Winner (best offensive player)
  • Best WR Trophy
  • 1st Team All-American
  • All-American Academic Team (3.9 GPA)
  • 1st Team All-Big Ten

Other awards given to the Gophers:

  • Best QB Trophy
  • Best Head Coach Trophy
  • Best Offensive Lineman Trophy
  • Bednarik Trophy (best defensive player)
  • Best LB Trophy
  • Rimington Trophy (best center)
  • Groza Trophy (best kicker)
  • Back-to-Back National Championships
  • Big Ten Championship

I currently have a 27-game win streak after my first win of the Third Season, an awesome 80-0 win over Alabama State.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home