Thursday, August 24, 2006

STUDS Racing, Inc. Update

Throughout the summer, I just haven't had the opportunity to field my car as much as I wanted to.

The first season of the Nocturnal Adrenaline Cup Series came to a close last week with the finale at Talladega, a race that I in fact did miss. I missed 4 out of the 5 last races of the season and still managed to finish 5th in the overall standings. My last race was at California Speedway. I had a pretty solid Top 10 car until I got wrecked with less than 10 laps ago.

Now it's the start of the second season for the NA Cup Series, as we're running Bristol Motor Speedway tonight. Although I don't test quite as much as I used to, I just ran a few laps at Bristol with a preset set-up and didn't do quite well. Bristol is a concrete track, just a tick over a 1/2 mile, with 36 degree of banking in the turns. If anybody has been a race at Bristol, it's probably the most exciting ticket to get in racing, apart from Daytona.

You can see by the picture how tight the turns are. I made the mistake by entering a corner too quickly, thus the spin-out. This is quite the track itself -- it requires a lot of concentration: finding your marks where to accelerate and where to brake.

I was almost taken aback by looking at the new second season in the NA Cup Series -- there's no Daytona or Talladega this time. It's all short or intermediate tracks, at which I've been inconsistent at. But hopefully I'll have the time and test more often and get used to the feel of the shorter tracks once again.

In the Midnight Thunder Truck Series, I also haven't been racing much, which is really bad since I love racing in this series. It's all flat-out, pedal-to-the-metal action and all you have to do is watch for the guys around you -- since it's so tighly-packed. I'm well out of the Top 10 in points (probably sitting around 17th, I haven't checked in a while), but this Friday night/Saturday morning we're racing at the Blue Ridge Speedway, a fictional track (but it's basically Michigan International with tons of grip).

More on this later!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home