Friday, September 08, 2006

Closing Out The Week

Tired? Just a little bit.

With the first week of school finally coming to an end, already my students are thinking that I'm Attila the Hun.

"Where's the fun, Mr. Tony?"

No longer here, I would reply. Of course, it would mass chaos throughout the room.

It's a new approach, and like I've said before, I'm a much wiser person this year. The students just will not understand it, all of them thinking that this was such an easy class (from what they've heard), but I'm taking a more active approach this year.

Other than that, it's all typical. I'm always tired, no energy in my body around 8:00 in the evenings (a good indicator that I should hit the weight room after football's over with), and added to that the stress and the frustration of being a teacher in which it seems like we're constricted each and every day.

The freedoms of being a teacher/coach are starting to slowly whittle away. It's all purely political -- and it's seems like there is nobody here to defend us.

Add a pinch of personal life to the mix -- and life's no fun at all. I guess that's what adulthood is all about.

In the waning moments of my failed marriage, I received the official court documents from my lawyer (petition, pro se, a copy of the summons) and it just sort of hit me, thinking wow, this is actually happening. It's one thing to think about it and knowing that it's all over and done with, but seeing My Name v. Her Name on a court document -- damn, I just wished it had never gotten to this point.

Even though I had moved on, I guess there was always this faint glimmer of hope ... that this was just some sort of nightmare that I could hopefully wake up from. There are somedays in which I see Kate, when she stops over to pick up some of her things. Sometimes I think it's good to see her, to see her familiar face once again -- but at the same time, it's becoming increasingly difficult to see her, since she is the one who I'm cutting all ties with.

Soon, it will all be over with. As soon as I can get the chance to get to the post office, I can mail back the court documents (with our signatures) and within a week, I'll get my copy back with the judge's signature. Then, it will be completely over.

Yes, it will be an extremely depressing moment, knowing that once-support system is no longer present. But I have the prospect of being single once again, a time for freedom with less responsibilites. All I can do know is look forward to the future (and hopefully a summer filled with more excitement) with a smile on my face.

And oh, we lost our first football game of the season -- my 8th graders played tough, played hard ... but came up one touchdown short.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home