Tuesday, August 29, 2006

In-Service

In life, there is nothing more boring to a teacher than an in-service day. Unfortunately for us, we get 3 days in a row of in-service days before the actual school year starts.

What does an in-service day consist of? Meetings. Meetings that, according to the schedule, it'll take an hour to get through a certain matter. 5 minutes into a meeting, it's over.

"Go back to your rooms and work, folks!"

Things will be run a little bit differently this year due to a change in the administration. We have a new high school/middle school principal this year. Will things change for the better? As far as coaches go, things seem to be a little bit easier so far. The new guy, who has been an administrator for the past 16 years, knows what he's doing.

As for me, I'm not going to take it easy this year. I've got one year under my belt -- something which was short of a disaster -- but it was a learning experience for me. I'm going to give off a "cooler" attitude this year, meaning that I won't take much crap from anyone. I'm already showing it on the field -- and it's going to carry on over to the classroom.

It's ironic that I've got hoards of students signing up for my classes, thinking that they're slack, but they're going to be in for a treat!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home