Monday, September 18, 2006

Flippin' Cold

Take Saturday, for example. Humid, sticky.

It was absolutely crazy last weekend. I had some fun watching softball back near home, although I didn't "go all out" like I usually did back in August. I just took 'er easy, kicked back, and laughed at the antics of the other drunks who were sipping from a keg (which was nearly empty, when I showed up).

Later that night, there was a little cook-out on the west edge of town -- then things got a little hairy concerning the weather. It got so freakin' dark outside, the air cooled down, and the clouds were beginning to swirl. Here we all were, standing out in the middle of the street, looking up at the clouds, listening to the town's siren blare away -- a good indicator that there were some funnel clouds spotted.

Did we care? Not really! The county cops yelled at a few people through his PA to tell them to get some shelter, plus Mike got pegged pretty well from some dime-sized hail.

I retired early that night, tired from the morning's football jamboree in South Dakota (we didn't fare too well) and I decided to get out of there before the cop situation got any worse.

Then, Sunday. Cold. Just a tick windy.

It was almost unbearable, considering the contrasts between the weather on Saturday and Sunday. I didn't stay long -- my body simply was not adjusting too well for the cold weather -- and I drove back to my folk's house and enjoyed a little hot-tubbin', which was pretty nice in the cool weather.

My parents finally got their new addition done, with the deck finally completed with railings and all (who won't see it in this picture). Overall, pretty sharp!

But the week goes on with Homecoming Week here in P-Town. I'm in the process of shutting the house up (putting the storms down) and even had to fire up the ol' furnance today (thermo' read: 58 degrees). Also, I gotta watch out for those sneaky seniors as I'm sure they'll come around and toliet paper my house in the wee hours of Friday morning.

Another 8th grade game tomorrow ... which I'll admit, I'm not looking forward to. We didn't have practice last Friday (due to lightning) and didn't have practice today (rain and unbearable wind), so we'd better be ready. I'm planning on Wednesday to be a conditioning day, which I'm sure the players will love.

By the end of the week, I'm probably heading Back Home for another some-what crazy weekend -- UFC 62 is on. I'm still not sold on it, but I'll give it a chance.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home