Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Smack Down

It's time, baby.

Seriously, I'm just ready to kick some ass. Our second game of the season is tomorrow afternoon on the home grounds and I just REALLY want to win.

We barely lost our first game, and just for once, I would love to know what it's like to coach a winning team. Last season, I only had one really good win and I literally had tears in my eyes watching the players run like wild-boys and played to perfection.

With this bunch we have now, we have the players and the talent -- but again, it's 8th grade. There's an un-written law that everybody should play, but it's getting to the point where losing is getting old.

The other coach and I have decided that we're going to play the best players at certain positions, in that case, players will have to play both ways. This is totally going against our own personal coaching philosophies, but like we've told these players enough -- they have to PROVE themselves, and lately, it's getting down-right pathetic.

I know which players want to play -- they bring the smack down each and every day, offense or defense, and they simply want to HIT. Others, simply shy away from making a tackle -- which really sends me into a frenzy. Although I run the offense and we practically take it to the house every play, I usually get on the defense's case about not making the big defensive stop.

Tackling -- that's the main issue. All day on Monday and Tuesday, that's all we worked on. Sure, the players got beat up a bit, but that is what it's all about. They've got to deal with some pain. If they're hurt, I cannot coddle them -- they have to deal with it. It's the name of the game.

Tomorrow, I just want to win. Kick some ass -- all the way up and down the field.

Damn, I'm fired up.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home