Monday, September 11, 2006

Fantasy Football, Week 1 -- S***-F***-A**

One point made all the difference in my Minnesota Fantasy league, as I fell to Shane's team. Shane followed up with quarterback Brad Johnson in tonight's Monday Night game in the Vikings' win over the Redskins.

All up to the couple of days prior to the Vikings-Redskins match-up, all the so-called experts said that running back Clinton Portis wasn't going to play due to his separted shoulder. Then, he decides to be the "back-up" to Ladell Betts and Portis ends up getting a TD run. There's goes points that I could have had, instead of wide receiver Kevin Curtis' big ol' doughnut he put up.

But that's what makes Fantasy Football so great -- the Tuesday after and it's all 20/20 hindsight -- beating yourself up over which players to start and which ones to sit. Cripes...

I've got to start strong in this Minnesota league this year. Sean's brother Troy looks like the man to beat already with a huge showing in Week 1 with a win over the defending champion, Mitch.

In the South Dakota league, I actually dominated for once, extending my winning streak from last year's playoffs. I'm looking to defend my title there and it looks like that I could have the team to beat there this year!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home