Saturday, September 09, 2006

You Know It's September When...

  1. ...60 degrees is considered to be cold.
  2. ...there's college football on all day on Saturdays.
  3. ...you're bored as all-hell during the weekends.
  4. ...you simply cannot sleep in any longer due to your job.
  5. ...you constantly check your Fantasy Football teams on-line.

I'm just really struggling right now to find something to do. The Michigan - Central Michigan game is not on TV today and the Notre Dame - Penn State game doesn't start until 2:30 p.m.

How about that Ohio State - Texas match-up tonight? #1 vs. #2 ... can't get better than that.

NASCAR at Richmond International Raceway tonight -- Newman's far from making the Chase as he's mathematically eliminated for the first time since the inception of the Chase for the Cup. I'll dabble in that tonight to watch the excitment as there's a handful of teams trying to make that final roster.

Tomorrow will be a huge day in terms of Week 1 of the NFL. With two fantasy drafts again this year, I will once again be busy.

Next weekend will probably be the last great party weekend of the year (with the exception of New Year's) and I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully I can hold out for a while, since I have to get up pretty early next Saturday as we take our 8th graders across the border to Mad-Town for a football jamboree.

There's no way that I will be playing softball -- my knee ... good Lord, I should get it looked at. It just ain't right. I tweaked it yesterday during conditioning practice and it's pretty sore today, although I can still walk around without a limp.

Other notes:

  • P-Town varsity lost last evening, 31-28. They pissed away the first half pretty bad, then gave up the opening kick-off for a touchdown in the second half.
  • Home Town high school shut out their opponent for their first win of the season, 28 to 0.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home