Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Fantasy Football Update -- Week 14

Minnesota Fantasy Football League Update:
  • After the dust from Week 13 had settled and cleared, I'm currently sitting at a 7-6 record, second place in the infamous "D-3" division.
  • I defeated Sean, (a.k.a. "Team Punishment") 100 to 98 in a tense battle in which the game came down to last night's game between the Panthers and the Eagles. Sean had wide receiver Steve Smith to finish out his roster, and while I carried a 18-point lead into the game, Smith managed to get Sean only 16.
  • I've solidified my #5 seed for the playoffs with one more week of regular season to go. I'm up against "Team Okeson" in Week 14 -- who's lately been on a roll, as far as putting up the big points is concerned.
  • Injuries have taken its toll on my team, especially with the loss of quarterback Donovan McNabb and running back Clinton Portis. Still, I've managed to win 7 out of the last 10 games.
  • Mike (with his team "The Hurricanes"), wins a big match-up to also sit at 7-6, but he currently has a one-game lead in his division. This is a huge turn-around for his team, considering that last year he and Jake were battling it out for last place the previous season.

South Dakota Fantasy Football League Update:

  • Eh ... quite the same as the Minnesota League as I made the 6th and final playoff spot at a 7-6 record. I managed to squeak out a win due to a defensive player (Julius Peppers from Carolina) in Week 13 to secure my spot.
  • Again, injuries and just bad personnel hurt my team this season. After starting 3-0, things decided to go downhill as I was hurt by inconsistencies from Donovon McNabb. I was even offered several trades for McNabb, but I never got rid of him and I got stuck with an injured player. Thus, Tom Brady steps in.
  • Although I hate trades, I gave up running back Ahman Green for wide receiver Plaxico Burress ... which seems to work in my favor. Chris Chambers has been simply killing me at the wide out spot, so I need Burress to pick it up. Now, my other running back, Ronnie Brown is down-and-out due to a hand injury, so I'm lacking the backs department as I head into the playoffs. Wonderful.

Outlook:

  • I'm not putting a lot of faith into my team in the SD League ... I just cannot put up strong points like I used to (Weeks 1 through 5 were glorious). Now, it seems like I'm only averaging 110 points and that isn't going to cut it.
  • I may have a chance to make the semi-finals in the MN League, but right now, I'm matched up to play Cory and his "HITMEN", who along with the "719 Playboys" have been the two offensive powers of the year. Although on my side, I did defeat Cory earlier in the season, 148 to 144.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home