Monday, December 04, 2006

6 Years Ago Today...

...I was suffering from a pretty good hangover, but it was another pain that has haunted me for life.

I was arrested on a "Driving Under the Influence" charge, a.k.a "DUI."

What a World of Suck that was.

For some reason, I felt compelled to tell my story to a couple of freshman who stopped in during my free period. There were minor consumptions galore around the area last weekend and that was the topic of conversation today in school.

There is no possible way that I'm going to stop the world from drinking and driving, or stop the minors from partying and drinking, but just to tell my experiences with others, hopefully I can steer them clear for a few years.

As I keep telling 'em, the young want to be old, the old want to be young. Is there really a reason to do something that is illegal? Or is it the thrill of being reckless? Sure, I was young once, but it didn't take me long to figure out that it was stupid just because everybody else was doing it.

As bad as being arrested was, it was really THE life-changing moment in my life. From that day forward, I actually started to apply myself, saw things in a different light, and starting "bucking" down in college. I can truthfully say that it was a good experience to go through, and lo and behold, my parents actually agreed with me.

With the weather turning for the worse and the string of recent deaths in the area (not necessarily alcohol-related), these kids have got to be smart!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home