Thursday, November 30, 2006

Post #601

It just seemed like yesterday that I laid down Post #500 ... man, the time just flies on by.

But at this moment, I'm a hurtin' unit. I just feel drained, feeling like I haven't slept in ages. I guess I've been trying to get used to working "full weeks" once again, due to state volleyball tournaments and Thanksgiving breaks, now we're back to Monday through Friday all the way 'til Christmas.

It's been a rough week of sorts, down here in southwestern Minnesota. Just this past week, there were 3 teenagers that had passed away: 2 by car accidents, 1 by suicide. The student who committed suicide did go to school in this school district last year, so he had plenty of friends that he had left behind.

Although I personally didn't know this student (I had met him a few times), the shock really didn't hit me hard. But what killed me was watching the other student's reactions from the death. I cannot count how many of my students came into my room during a free period with tears running down their faces ... it kind of made me hurt. I would do anything for my students, but in this case, there was really nothing that I could do.

That just kind of set the tone for the week ... just a tired, sleepy, COLD week. Nothing much to look forward to, except the boy's and girl's basketball games that are now currently underway.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home