Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Fantasy Football Update

As the regular season is finally starting to wrap up, I have major issues regarding injuries -- in both leagues.

Strangely enough, in both Minnesota and South Dakota fantasy leagues, I'm currently sitting at a 6-6 record. The parity is so great in both leagues that anybody -- whoever makes the playoffs -- could be in prime position of winning it all at the end of the season.

Disaster struck a couple of weeks ago when my leading point getter, quarterback Donovan McNabb, went down with a torn ACL and is out for the year. I had him as a starter in both leagues! I've got Tom Brady as a back-up in my South Dakota league, who by the way is a choice back-up, but on the other hand, I'm currently struggling with the likes of Ben Roethlisberger and Byron Leftwich (who I had dropped due to an ankle injury) ... but I managed to pick up Chad Pennington (who I actaully dodged a bullet last Sunday when he took a shot from a charging defensive end).

With Thursday games on the docket, that seems to mess things up a bit. If a player gets banged up from that previous Sunday game, he might not be able to go on a Thursday game. But, it all adds to the tension of what fantasy football is.

I'm still not decided who to start at quarterback (Big Ben or Pennington -- in the MN league) and my current running backs -- Rudi Johnson and Thomas Jones -- are up against the top rushing defenses in the NFL. And on top of all that, I'm up against a divisional rival for a prime seed in the playoffs!

As much as I hate to say it, I'm all but giving up in the South Dakota league. There's only one more week of regular season football (compared to two in the MN league) and I'm one spot out of the playoffs. I have a fairly good chance of winning and moving on, but again, injuries (namely Ronnie Brown) have hurt the team.

But all I see it as is a good relationship between the boys from here in Minnesota and hooking up with the ol' college gang back in South Dakota. Sure, I'll be a little stressed out in the next couple of weeks regarding my teams (hopefully to get some of my money back), but all in all, it's been a pretty good season.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home