Tuesday, May 27, 2008

An Old English Journal: Entry #4

Sept. 13, 1995

Journal Entry #4

Well, I really don't know what to write about. For football, I'm getting ready to play B--- this Friday and hopefully win our first game of the season. I got yelled at today by Coach Ba---- when I was playing the free safety position. Clint S-------, who played split end, was playing in the tight formation. He must've ran a post pattern or something, but he ran across my zone, went into Pat J---'s zone, who was playing cornerback. I start after Clint, but he caught the ball and took off down the field. I went back to the huddle and Micah J------, who was a linebacker, told me "you smell like smoke." Well, I said "I'm the free safety and that's not my zone." Ba---- stepped right in, yelling at me saying that the free safety is the deepest guy in the field and I should of got him. Then I made the mistake saying that it wasn't my deep-third (zone). Ba---- said that he don't give a crap whose zone it was as long as he doesn't get the football. I couldn't understand it because Pat J--- was supposed to be back where I was. Thanks to that incident, I'll probably never play defense again. But I kicked butt returning punts and kicks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home