Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Fantasy Football Update -- Week 3

Well, it's early -- so I cannot complain too much. Again, it's a Tale of Two Leagues, which can mean a lot of conflict of interests.

So far, in the Minnesota league, I'm sitting at a healthy 2-1 record. I say "healthy" because I believe I had a pretty strong team this year. With some picks from the draft this year, I could say that I'm lucky so far. Some of those include Julius Jones, who's actually been stepping up big at the running back position for the Seattle Seahawks, while another pick (although not "huge") is Antonio Gonzales, a slot receiver for the Colts. When Peyton Manning finally overcomes his knee issues, I think he'll be the next Brandon Stokley (or even Wes Welker from last season).

In the South Dakota league, things aren't so well, as I'm currently sitting at a 1-2 record. Again, it's early and I shouldn't have nothing much to worry about. I drafted Tom Brady in the 1st Round, and sure enough -- he's out with a blown-out knee. I took a big hit with that loss, but I've got Phillip Rivers starting now and he looks good -- considering what I saw on Monday Night's game versus the Jets (out-dueling Favre).

On another note: how about Patriot fans when they were getting their asses kicked by the Dolphins last weekend? Half of the them were gone by the mid-4th Quarter, then they turned around on every sports radio show and bashed them. I'm just shaking my head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home