Saturday, September 13, 2008

A Settling Down of Things

After taking a nearly 4-month sabbatical from TonyTimes, I'm slowly building up the motivation to start things up once again.

As you may know, I departed from my teaching position of 3 years. It was a good ending to the profession, no hard feelings or anything of that nature, but was faced with an obstacle that I could not overcome to continue teaching in that district. Looking back now, I sure miss the teaching, but I don't miss the town itself.

3 months passed in P-Town, aggressively pursuing new lines of employment. I wanted to stay with the whole computers thing, but during this hard time of America's economy, things were tough. It seemed like I applied everywhere, but I just was not getting the bites for interviews. Finally, in late August as I was pulling out of P-Town, I got a bite: an insurance company that I was well-familiar with brought me in for not one interview, but two.

During the second interview, I asked a few questions regarding the position, but soon afterwards, they offered me the position. It only took a couple of days to think about it until I actually accepted the offer, then once I passed the background check, I'm good to go.

Unfortunately, I won't start work until the 29th. That could be a good thing, as I still will have a couple weeks off to do what-have-you.

For the time being, I'm still participating in fantasy football: in both "Minnesota" and "South Dakota" leagues. In the "South Dakota" league, I had drafted Tom Brady in Round 1 and sure enough, he blows his knee out in the 1st quarter -- out for the year. My "Minnesota" team looks good, already starting 1-0.

Hopefully my motiviation for TonyTimes will continue to grow as I find things here and there to write about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home