Thursday, August 12, 2004

Politics and More

Eariler today, a guy stopped by my farm place and offered me some free advice on why I should vote for Sen. Tom Daschle (D), the Senate Minority Leader who is the incumbuent, who will be running against former Rep. John Thune (R).

I nodded politely, but I said I'm a Republican. You should've seen the stupid look on his face. "Well," he says, "Maybe Sen. Daschle can change your mind on these views: health care, drought relief ..."

I interrupted him, saying I'm not even registered to vote in South Dakota, only in Minnesota. Besides, I don't vote for the person, I vote for the Party.

This guy knew he wasn't going to convince me. So he just gave me this little pamphlet on Daschle. It promptly went in to the garbage!

Also, this kind of shocked me: all of those gay marriages in San Francisco have now been voided. A California high court ruled that the Mayor of San Francisco overstepped his authority and ruled that nearly 4,000 gay marriages are now no longer considered to be legal.

As for my opinion, I do not believe in gay marriage. Gays get married because one, they're in love, which I can understand, but two, they want the benefits that go along with their jobs, just like when a man and a woman get hitched. I believe in civil unions for gay couples. Through that, they should get benefits -- civil unions should be seen as legal then! Not through marriage -- I don't agree with that. As a some-what spiritual man, I know the Bible frowns on homosexuality, and there are some people who say that church and state should not overlap. Whatever. It's just my opinion.

This argument will continue throughout the test of time. Nobody's wrong, nobody's right -- but sooner or later, the Liberals will eventually take over the government and ruin everything -- like another couple of airplanes in our country's skyscrapers.

Don't get me started!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home