Tuesday, September 07, 2004

These Damned Blue Teamers!

One of my graduation requirements is to take a wellness lab, or "gym class" before I graduate. So I decided to do raquet sports, ya know -- tennis, raquetball, and badminton.

Well, since I'm obviously the oldest in the class, I'm stuck with a bunch of freshmen. Some of these freshmen (or sophomores) are Blue Teamers, athletes who were "bribed" to play for our college teams. We got a couple of young football-ers playing raquet sports, and whoa.

You'd think that they rolled out the red carpet for these fucks and handed them the world on a silver platter. Just the attitude of these guys simply baffles me. It's "I'm better than you," or "You don't do it right," and "Woo! Look at me!" and all that crap. They haven't said that stuff directly to me, but they're sure blunt in telling others that.

So, if you're good at football (or more likely "sitting on the bench") you're good at all the sports also? That's what they're basically saying!

See, back in the day I got along with the football players. They were cool, everybody got along with everybody. Then after a couple of more freshman classes came through, these guys got that attitude. It's like being in high school again -- it's getting more "cliquey-er" every year. Then a couple of guys I knew a few years ago formed "The Red Team," a group of guy who would do anything at all possible to make "The Blue Team" feel miserable. One evening, some "Red Teamers" shaving creamed a "Blue Teamers" door in one of the dorms. It was pretty funny.

My argument against these guys is that they play NAIA Division III football. They're just a step better than high school ball but cannot even make it to play NCAA D-III ball. They don't even test for drugs in NAIA -- well, no wonder. They juiced up their egos instead.

I'll be seeing these little "Blue Teamers" here in a half-hour for class and I'll give you and update. I don't see why I should care about this, but this has bugged me for a couple of years now. Nobody is better than anybody else!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home