Tuesday, September 28, 2004

They Call Me ... "Mouse Killer,"

For some reason, Katie had this bug about buying up some mousetraps to set in the basement. We've had them before back in the Spring when we moved in (noticed by all the mouse poop), so we knew that we were going to have them again in our basement when the harvest season rolls around.

Last Friday night, I set four traps -- three in the basement and one in the bench upstairs, right underneath our big picture window. Next morning, two traps went off -- one in the basement and the one in the bench, both with mice with their heads smashed in. Gruesome? You bet!

Katie freaked out, so I had to handle all of the disposal duties. Take 'em by the tail and throw 'em in the grove! I'll have to give her credit, it was her brilliant idea by cutting up bite-size Snickers and sticking them on the bait plate. Before, we used peanut butter, but those lil' buggers always managed to lick them off without having the trap going off.

Well, on Saturday, I drove down to Sioux Falls to buy some Mobil 1 and I picked up a few more mousetraps (8 of them) when I stopped at Wal-Mart. That Saturday night -- two more, including another one in the bench! Katie just groans when I tell her the "good news" about trapping more mice.

As of today, nothing has happened since. As far as I can tell, we've gotten them all from our house, but I'm sure there's more to come. And I'll be ready.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home